Early Music Weekends – Donostia
We are pleased to announce the dates for the Autumn 2019 Weekend Workshop: 15th – 17th November. This workshop will feature expert vocal coaching/masterclasses given by soprano Raquel Andueza
The Donostia International Early Music Weekend Workshops are for anybody who plays a 16th or 17th century instrument as well as all singers. The focus is on larger-scale, polychoral works although we also take time to explore some more intricate, intimate pieces. Here you can find a list of repertoire covered in previous editions of this workshop.
Open, once more to singers and players of 16th/17th century instruments, this weekend workshop will explore the glories of polychoral music from the Renaissance and Baroque eras. Directed by Adam Woolf and set once again in the wonderful acoustic of San Sebastian’s beautiful Basilica of Santa Maria del Coro, stimulating rehearsals will cover a variety of performance techniques, and address musical interpretation and historical practises. We will take part in the Sunday morning mass and the weekend will close with a public concert, also in the Basilica.
This special workshop, will include vocal masterclasses and concerts by professional and amateur singers from around Europe.
Daily Timetable (subject to change)
1700-1830 – rehearsal – instruments and singers separately
2000-2200 – tutti rehearsal
1000-1300 – vocal masterclasses and ensemble sessions
1500-1700 – vocal ensemble and instrumental group rehearsals
1900-2100 – tutti rehearsal
1000-1230 rehearsal and participation in church service.
1030-1230 vocal classes
1430-1700 – rehearsal for concert
1800-1900 – closing concert
Full fee: €95 (includes singing/playing in mixed ensembles)
Student Discount 15%
From recent workshops:
Testimonials from Donostia Early Music Weekends
- Thank you Adam for a wonderful three days of passionate and inspiring teaching. I look forward to our future plans. [sackbut player from Australia]
- Thank you. You’re pretty special, dedicated et al to work with too. You bring out the best in people: which is a rare gift. I will count that weekend very special. [singer from England]
- Aprovecho para decirte que el Workshop me pareció fantástico. La preparación, el repertorio, la dirección, todo perfecto. (cornetto player from Bilbao)
- Thank you Adam to organize and make this hapen, It was a great experience for me. And yes, I will be very happy if you organice another course in San Sebastian. [string player from San Sebastián]
- I would like to thank you for all the hard work you put into the recent DIEM weekend in San Sebastian. It was a wonderful and unforgettable experience. (singer from the UK)
- I really enjoyed participating in such a challenging programme. It was fun being a proper part of the ensemble singing together with wonderful and enthusiastic instrumentalists. And a joy to work with you Adam – never a cross word – only ever smiling encouragement! (singer from the UK)